NEW POETRY FILM 'CRUISE' (2023)


'Gay men tend to be a very ocular focused society: we look and when we like what we see we look again, we cruise strangers and the way we cruise might not be directly about having sex but we are cruising you to see if you cruise me back and if we are cruising each other then I know that I am desirable. I know that I still have status in this community.’ taken from Beauty Before Age Growing Older in Gay Culture (1997) by Johnny Symons 

Juxtaposing the politics and practices of cruising, this film explores some of the complexities involved in gay cruising. I hope the film activates the viewer to consider what I suggest as being the heavy optical nature associated with the practice of cruising amongst gay men. In other words, I hope the film activates the viewer to consider what may happen in terms of the optics of desire during the moment/encounter when two gay men look at each other.

#poetryfilm #shortfilm #queerfilm #queerfilmmaker #videopoetry #indiefilm #gayfilm #gayfilmmaker #gayfilmmakers #gayfilmmaking #animation #queerwriting #digitalanimation 

Comments